We’re recruiting: welcome and hospitality coordinator
We’re recruiting for an important role in our staff team at St Paul’s – a welcome and hospitality coordinator. We need someone to be a welcoming presence at St Paul Old Ford, as part of our venue team. The role will help us support our building users and grow our engagement with the local community.
If you’re successful, you will oversee our reception area and attend to our building users, to give them the best possible experience. You will be responsible to the venue manager.
How to apply
Have a look at the job description and person specification below. If you think you have the necessary skills and experience, and it seems like the job for you, you can apply by sending a covering letter and a CV to Divya Beharry, our venue manager at email@example.com
Deadline for applications
The deadline for applications is Tuesday 31 January 2023 at 5pm
Being a warm, welcoming presence at St Paul’s reception, so that all venue users experience a personal and dignified welcome.
Building rapport and relationships with building users, to demonstrate how valued they are to us.
Being responsible for enquiries by telephone, in person or by email to look after current customers and encourage new business.
Unlocking and locking up the building to keep it secure and safe.
Venue management support
Carrying out duties related to the upkeep of the building, to keep it looking and feeling beautiful for our customers.
Monitoring the building to ensure health and safety standards are met, so St Paul’s continues to be a place of sanctuary for all.
Providing administrative support to the venue team, to free them to develop the services we offer.
Setting up the space before and after bookings, including setting out and putting away chairs, equipment, and church furniture to ease the multitasking of the building.
Supporting hirers’ practical needs throughout the day, so they have a good customer experience.
Help promote our venue, so more people can take advantage of our beautiful surroundings.
Deal with bookings and enquiries, including building tours and taking payments and deposits so we can grow our user base.
Participate in meetings where required, where we plan, develop strategy and share ideas together.
Demonstrate a commitment to equal opportunities, both in relation to employment issues and service delivery, so that all are treated with the respect and dignity they are due.
Have responsibility for organising staff social events and calendar, to encourage us to play as well as work together.
Safeguarding responsibilities and admin to help us stay up to date with the latest Safeguarding practices.
Regular supervisions with your line manager, to ensure you are developing and growing in your role.
The kind of person who will thrive in our team will:
- be passionate about people with a real desire to help and support others
- take pride in their work and approach it with enthusiasm
- be a team player
- be able to work and relate effectively in culturally diverse situations
- have a good level of emotional intelligence
- be able to take both praise and constructive feedback
- have good oral and written communication skills
- be sociable with a good sense of humour
- have the initiative to troubleshoot and work on tasks alone
- be adaptable and flexible to the varied demands of the role
- be a good learner
- have a ‘can-do’ attitude
- demonstrate the importance of caring for themselves and others
- support the Christian mission of St Paul’s and contribute to its ethos
What we offer
As the employer, St Paul Old Ford will offer:
- a supportive team and work environment where you will be encouraged to flourish in your role
- opportunities for learning, training and development
- one wellbeing day every month for ‘self-care and reflection’ structured by your line manager
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays every year
Skills and experience
The skills that are essential for this job are:
- good IT skills, proficient using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- good telephone manner
- good organisational skills
The skills and experience that are desirable for this job are:
- a background in hospitality and welcome
- experience working with people from all backgrounds and walks of life
- maths and English to GCSE level or equivalent
- experience in safeguarding
- a Christian faith
- knowledge of how churches work
The job is full time, Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm, but may occasionally include some evenings and Saturdays.