We’re hiring: a new part-time cook for our cafe
We’re keen to get our cafe open again, so we’re recruiting a part-time cook to run the cafe for part of the week.
So we’re looking for a skilled cook. Somebody who enjoys preparing and creating delicious meals. Somebody who wants to use their cooking skills to bring people together.
The cook will be part of our venue team, helping to embody our values of providing a welcoming and hospitable space in our community cafe.
Full details of the job and how to apply are below.
Job title: part-time cook
Hours: 7 to 15 hours per week on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, for initial period of three months. Hours are negotiable.
Responsible to: St Paul Old Ford venue manager
Pay: £11.95 per hour
The job involves:
- providing welcome and refreshments to customers and building users
- preparing and serving food and beverages from a menu agreed with the venue manager
- setting up workstations with all necessary ingredients and cooking equipment
- making sure the food looks great before serving
- fulfilling occasional catering orders
- clearing, cleaning and tidying dishes away
- caring for kitchen equipment and machines
- monitoring stock and supplies and placing orders with the venue manager
- taking payments, operating the cash register and cashing up at close of business
- maintaining industry-standard hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen and café seating area
- adhering to food safety regulations
- working alongside volunteers and other staff members
- being sensitive to the varying needs of our customers
- adhering to our safeguarding and policy structures
- attending regular meetings with your line manager (the venue manager)
We expect all applicants for this job to have:
- good people skills – friendly, hospitable and can be calm and composed when it’s busy or there are difficult situations
- numeracy and literacy skills
- good food and hygiene practice (training will be provided)
- competence in preparing and serving food and drinks (including knowing various cooking techniques like grilling, baking and boiling)
- customer service experience
- catering or cooking experience
- an ability to work and relate effectively in culturally diverse situations
- initiative to troubleshoot and work on tasks alone
How to apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV by 12 May 2023, to Divya at email@example.comAll News